Cocaine is a strong stimulant mostly used as a recreational drug. It is commonly snorted, inhaled as a smoke, or as a solution injected into a vein. Historically speaking cocaine is being used as a topical anesthetic in eye and nasal surgery. Also as a result of improper use of the drug it can cause major health problems. Because of the vasoconstrictor activity, it can lead to cardiovascular toxicity. To control misuse of cocaine, the medical community replaced the drug. They now use synthetic local anesthetics, such as:
Cocaine’s Adverse effects
With the excessive or prolonged use of the drug it can cause
- fast heart rate
- paranoid delusions.
Overdoses may lead to the following effects:
- marked elevation of blood pressure,
Same as with these effects:
- restlessness can also occur, especially during the comedown.
- With excessive dosage, tremors, convulsions and increased body temperature are observed.
Cocaine Addiction Treatment
- Recognizing an addiction is the first step to losing it.
- Depending on the nature of the abuse of the drug, some patients who are seeking help will be advised to attend a residential rehabilitation program, or much better a structured day program.
- Medications can treat the symptoms related to cocaine withdrawal, subsequently, there is no substitute or alternative drug that can effectively and efficiently help a patient recover from a cocaine dependency.
- Individuals who will stop using the drug will have powerful cravings that can last for years.
- Preferably counseling, social support, and some specialist medications may help.
from Best Florida Rehab Centers | Florida Detox Alcohol Centers - Feed https://detoxofsouthflorida.com/what-is-cocaine/